31 | The meaning of Red Nose Day – with Sara Grant
RELEASED AUG 12, 2022
“One day you will tell your story of how you overcame what you went through, and it will be someone else’s survival guide” – Brené Brown
Trigger warning – This episode and its description contain in-depth content regarding termination for medical reasons, newborn death and broad discussion about perinatal loss.
In this episode we are joined by the lovely Sara Grant, Red Nose Bereavement Support Worker and mother of two living daughters, Holley and Belle, and two angel babies, son Jesse and daughter Bo. In memory of Jesse and Bo, and to highlight the life-changing support provided by Red Nose to bereaved families, in this episode Sara eloquently details her journey into and within parenthood, including how she navigated:
– Termination for medical reasons and stillbirth of her first child, son Jesse at 21 weeks
– Pregnancy and birth after loss
– Joy and grief coexisting while parenting her second child, daughter Holley
– The sudden, unexpected death of her third baby, daughter Bo, at five hours old
– Parenting an older child after loss
– Utilising bereavement support resources and groups
– The complexity of choosing to have another child
– Balancing gratitude with graciousness for her own polarising feelings as she parented her two girls
– Keeping the memory of Jesse and Bo alive and strong within her family
Sara describes third daughter Belle’s arrival as the moment she knew her family was complete and later found fulfilment both in and outside of parenting, beginning by volunteering with Red Nose and more recently becoming a paid employee for their world-leading Hospital to Home program. I hope you find this episode as poignant to listen to as I did to host, thank you Sara.
1:1 Counselling support
– Book a 1:1 counselling session with Gemma today
– Find out more about Gemma’s 1:1 counselling sessions
About Red Nose Day Red Nose Day: Get silly for a serious cause!
Donate to Sara’s Red Nose Day Fundraiser Red Nose Day – Sara Grant
Follow the journey on Instagram Drive To Remember PHIL GRANT (@drive_to_remember) • Instagram photos and videos
Sands Peer Support Services Peer support for families who have lost a pregnancy ,baby or child
Hospital to Home Program Hospital to Home to continue
Hospital to Home Program Hospital to Home | SANDS – MISCARRIAGE STILLBIRTH NEWBORN DEATH SUPPORT
This episode contains in-depth content regarding termination for medical reasons, newborn death and broad discussion about perinatal loss.
Please read my full disclaimer prior to listening.
56 | Motherhood on the land - With Steph Trethewey @motherlandaustralia RELEASED OCT 23, 2023 In this episode we are lucky to hear from Steph Trethewey. Steph is a mother of two, journalist, author, podcast host and the founder of @motherland, a national charity...
55 | Practical parenting support - With Sarah Bolitho @securefoundations RELEASED OCT 9, 2023 In this episode we are lucky to be joined by Sarah Bolitho, a Master's qualified Child & Family Play Therapist, mother of three and founder of @securefoundations. In this...
54 | Strength, fertility challenges and motherhood - With Sally @fitphilosophyau RELEASED SEPT 5, 2023 In this episode we are lucky to be joined by Sally, personal trainer of 17 years, mother of two and the owner of perinatal specific fitness providers...