27 | Considering a second child – with Bree @matrescence.podcast
RELEASED JUN 15, 2022
In this episode we are joined by Bree, co-host and Instagram lead for the ever helpful and wildly successful motherhood podcast – The Matrescence Podcast. Having taken us (via Instagram) through her transition to second time parenthood in the last 12 months, I use this episode to chat with Bree about how her experiences relate to many of the common considerations women have during the journey to and within early second-time parenthood. In this episode you’ll find out more about how Bree:
– Overcame a rough first postpartum/ early matrescence journey to feel ready for a second child at a time that felt right for her and her family
– Navigated the emotions of shifting dynamics toward her relationship with her eldest child throughout her second pregnancy
– Changed the way she birthed to gain a more empowering and aligned birth experience
– Very intentionally planned her second postpartum to feature bolstered support networks and individual mindset shifts for a more positive second vs first time experience
– Approached meeting competing demands of both children in a way that aligns with her ideal parenting styles and individual needs
– Has ultimately found early second-time parenthood a freeing, rewarding and healing experience
1:1 Counselling support
– Book a 1:1 counselling session with me today
– Find out more about my 1:1 counselling sessions
The Matrescence Podcast
– Find Bree on instagram: @matrescence.podcast
– Birth of a Mother/ The Matrescence Podcast website: https://birthofamother.com.au/podcast/
– Find Kathryn on instagram: @_motherup
– MotherUp website: https://www.motherup.com.au/
This episode discusses pregnancy + infant loss and ease of conception. I would also like to acknowledge the normative narrative of the context of this episode – noting those who do not plan to have a second child and those who are parents of or expecting multiples and those who have experienced miscarriage, infant or child loss and who do not identify with the term “second child”.
Please read my full disclaimer prior to listening.
56 | Motherhood on the land - With Steph Trethewey @motherlandaustralia RELEASED OCT 23, 2023 In this episode we are lucky to hear from Steph Trethewey. Steph is a mother of two, journalist, author, podcast host and the founder of @motherland, a national charity...
55 | Practical parenting support - With Sarah Bolitho @securefoundations RELEASED OCT 9, 2023 In this episode we are lucky to be joined by Sarah Bolitho, a Master's qualified Child & Family Play Therapist, mother of three and founder of @securefoundations. In this...
54 | Strength, fertility challenges and motherhood - With Sally @fitphilosophyau RELEASED SEPT 5, 2023 In this episode we are lucky to be joined by Sally, personal trainer of 17 years, mother of two and the owner of perinatal specific fitness providers...